Summary for the rather short main business meeting, since I didn’t show up until after site selection and the WorldCon Chairs photo.
- Best Series is ratified. It will continue as a regular category. It will be up for re-ratification in 2021 and automatically added to the agenda.
- Three Stage Voting fails ratification.
- EPH+ fails ratification by a large majority. This is likely because its effect would have strengthened bullet voting still further, and we’ve already seen that happening this year.
- Motion to suspend EPH fails. EPH will continue to be in effect.
- Motion to suspend 5 and 6 fails. 5 and 6 will remain in effect. (Discussion was had as to whether this worked at conflict with EPH. Personally, I would need to see more data.)
- Defining North America is ratified, with apologies from Ben Yalow.
- Meeting adjourned with dire warning from the chair that we have the room for five hours tomorrow, and we had better not use all that time.